Monday, February 17, 2014

Snow catch up part two


So today my kids were foldable overloaded. We had to make up for four lost days of curriculum.


First, we started with a two step refresher  foldable. The kids solved two step equations on the inside and explained in their own words how they arrived at their answer. 


Next, I found an awesome foldable online on teachers pay teachers. I think it is by far the best step by step foldable I have seen yet. 


Then, we worked out a few problems using the foldable. This led to the discussion of when the coefficient in front of the variable is the same. 



Finally, we concluded with their homework, which originally would have been a classroom assignment. Four no solution, four all real number equations, and four with a solution. They had to solve each to determine which pocket to place the slips into. 


11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem at all! Let me know if there are any foldables in particular.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your blog! Where did you find the two-step equation foldable? Is there any way you could share it with me? My email is mmiker2@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes same here, can you email me where you found the two-step equation foldable? drkarnice@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you please provide a link for that foldable

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please send me a copy of the multi-step foldable at jessholcomb@gmail.com. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Two-Step-Foldable-2765162

      Delete
  7. Fabulous! Can you send me a copy of the foldables? Perfect for middle schoolers. pstouffer@ocss-va.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Two-Step-Foldable-2765162

      Delete
  8. Could you please provide me a link to that foldable? My email is amycarr1973@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete